Sunday 22 June 2008

My Bloody Valentine

Russell and I went to see My Bloody Valentine play at the Roundhouse in Camden last night. It was a really good show and good to hear familiar songs played live after nearly twenty years (!). I loved all their records when they came out, particularly Isn't Anything. The sound was intensely loud and the songs much heavier sounding than on record. You could almost hear a bit of an Ambient Black Metal vibe coming over.

Unfortunately I missed all but the last two songs by Sonic Boom, who was supporting, but it was still good to hear – Spacemen 3 were another seminal band from my teenage years.

Many thanks to Barry at ATP for the tickets. It was a great night. (Apart from the 2-hour nightmare journey home: night buses and crutches are a bad combination.)

No comments: