Tuesday 18 March 2008

I've Been Expecting You



This one is a curiosity. I started off drawing Vortigern's Machine like this, as a full page of artwork drawn as it would print. However, I lost my nerve and became obsessed with perceived mistakes in the original artwork, and ended up drawing the book bit-by-bit and assembling it digitally, much as I had done previously with the World of Pain comic. In retrospect, I wish I had drawn the whole thing like this in the traditional manner, but there you go...

Up for sale later this month in the Selected Drawings Gallery.

4 comments:

Joe Decie said...

I like it like this. Perceived mistakes an all.

vinylcooler said...

Hi James,
I notice that the news from michael lau will release the SFJJ, i'm really surprise and looking forward to this collab, hope i can buy it, will there any chance buy at your online store??

Anonymous said...

I know absolutely nothing about the Michael Lau figure - it's news to me.

vinylcooler said...

that means, that is not a collab figure? it even had a YOD like logo on the ad and call SFJJ. oh, how can be like this, shame on him. You should tell all your fans about it and refuse to buy that fake collab.