Wednesday 21 November 2007

Selected Drawings Available this Weekend



My Selected Drawings book will be released for sale on the Amos Online Store this weekend. I went to pick up some copies from the printer last week, and I'm pretty pleased with it (at least, as pleased as I can get with anything I ever do, which is saying something). My daughter likes this drawing of the walrus at South London's Horniman Museum. My favourite is the lizard-bird-thing in a sailor suit.

Anyway, please buy a copy and see for yourself. I think it makes for a great toilet read.

4 comments:

stephen said...

Oh please, JJ - "great toilet read" - really? I think modesty has its place, but come on, you can take some credit. I'm currently debating a trip to the UK to visit my brother against the Fighting Elves so you must be doing something right. And where are all those beaked figures you promised after declaring all potato heads dead?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words Stephen. When I say 'toilet read' I mean it as a good thing. I tend to read fiction in bed and everything else on the loo. I can't face trying to digest John Ruskin or Neitzsche anywhere else.

I don't think I meant to declare the potato-head extinct; I think we just needed some time apart. However, there are plenty of beaked things in Selected Drawings.

stephen said...

I can tell you, JJ, I can't wait for the book. And my gastroenterologist told me it was bad to do anything else on the toilet except for the obvious (that wasn't recently if you're concerned for my health). But I get the fun irony (I think I made the irony up). BTW the tattoed YODs made me cry (and that's cry in a happy way not a sad way). I hope they all get on when they're together.

wilddogtom said...

Dear JJ, I'm yr fan in Hong Kong. I really wanna own this book. I wonder there is another way to buy this wonderful sketching besides of the amos online shop, since the shipping fee for me really eats me a big big big chuck of money......